Meetings are held every 3rd Friday (except July) at Country Club of Jackson, 345 Saint Andrews Drive, Jackson, MS 39211
The National Association of Health Underwriters represents more than 20,000 professional health insurance agents and brokers who provide insurance for millions of Americans. NAHU is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
NAHU will educate the public and decision makers about the value health insurance professionals deliver in helping consumers access the health care system and, through education and association involvement, increase members’ ability to serve consumers. We will do so in a financially prudent and responsible manner.
Code of Ethics
- To hold the selling, service and distribution of disability insurance and health insurance plans as a professional and a public trust and to do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
- To keep paramount the needs of those whom I serve.
- To respect my clients’ trust in me, and to never do anything which would betray their trust or confidence.
- To give all service possible when service is needed.
- To present policies factually and accurately, providing all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
- To use no advertising which my be false or misleading.
- To consider the sale of disability income and health insurance plans as a career, to know and abide by the insurance laws of my state, and to seek to constantly increase my knowledge and improve my ability to meet the needs of my clients.
- To be fair and just to my competitors, and to engage in no practices that may reflect unfavorable on myself or my industry.
- To treat prospects, clients and companies fairly by submitting applications that reveal all available information pertinent to underwriting a policy.
- To be loyal to all my clients, associations, fellow agent and brokers, and the company or companies whose products I represent.